Our Expertise – Custom PC Builder
Micro-Vision has been in business since 1983. Since we first opened our doors there has been a lot of change with computers and technology but one thing has remained constant: providing first-rate personal service and support for our customers.
We pride ourselves on being approachable, friendly and a complete one-stop shop for your personal and business computer needs. Micro-Vision will help you with:
- Designing and building a custom computer system for your specific needs and budget
- Troubleshooting and repairing your computer problems
- Removing malware, viruses, and unwanted programs
- Performing computer tune-ups and hardware upgrades to improve system performance
- Backing-up your irreplaceable data so that it’s safe and protected
- Network consult / install / plan, both for individuals who want a home network as well as for small-medium sized businesses
- Remotely monitoring and managing your small business network
- Developing effective custom databases using Microsoft Access
From helping you choose the right computer system to fit your needs and budget to technical troubleshooting, software problems and upgrades, Micro-Vision can help. We also provide managed IT support, consulting and network configuration/installation for small and medium-sized businesses in Nanaimo and Central Vancouver Island communities including Campbell River, Port Alberni and Duncan.
Micro-Vision is proud to have won the Gateway to Excellence Customer Key Award for demonstrating outstanding customer service skills during evaluation by a mystery shopper. Gateway to Excellence was a Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce initiative and the results of their research indicated that Micro-Vision is among the top 6% of Nanaimo retailers to offer service that exceeds national standards. The mystery shopper was “blown away” by the service they received at Micro-Vision.
Micro-Vision was built on customer service. People are the most important part of using a computer, and it’s important that everyone should feel in control of their own computer. And since everyone is different, it’s our job to treat everyone that comes into Micro-Vision as their own unique individual. All of your computer questions will be answered by our knowledgeable staff. When you walk out of our store with your computer you will feel more in control than when you first came to us.
How We Can Also Help
Micro-Vision has been in the computer business since 1983. We make it our business to keep up-to-date with all the latest computer technology and software and we will keep your computer running in tip-top shape and speed.
Unlike big box retailers, Micro-Vision will go the extra mile to help you:
We Want to Make Things Simple for You: We understand that computers can be challenging. It’s part of our job to explain your computer so you will understand how to best use it. If it’s got a problem, part of our job is to explain what went wrong so you can understand and possibly avoid repeating the problem in the future. We want to be your trusted advisor.
- We Can Install and Set-up Your System: If you need help installing software or configuring your printer, a second monitor, your wireless Internet connection, your email client configuration and the rest, Micro-Vision is here to help. Delivery and home set-up of your computer / network can be arranged at competitive rates.
- We Can Transfer Your Old Data to Your New Computer: Ensuring that the important files (photos, address books, email messages, internet favorites, etc.) from your old computer make it to your new computer is one of our specialities. You don’t need to lose any of your old data.
- Over 20 Years of Custom Database Development: Micro-Vision has been developing custom databases for small Vancouver Island businesses for 20 years. We are able to go deep and work with you to design a database that your employees won’t be at odds with and will be easy and friendly to use for years to come.
- We Provide Personal Service, Not Talking Sales People: No one likes being sold to. At Micro-Vision we care about the people that use a computer, and that’s why we will always help you get the most out of your existing computer first. It’s important to us that we show you why you can trust Micro-Vision for your computer needs.
- We Make Things Simple: Whether you need a home or business computer, troubleshooting advice, a notebook, a server configured or help with setting up a network for your business or home office, Micro-Vision will make your life easier when you use your computer.